WASHINGTON, D.C. — Ford won’t be moving production of a hatchback wagon to the United States from China — despite President Trump’s claim Sunday that his taxes on Chinese imports mean the Focus Active can be built in America. Citing Trump’s new tariffs, Ford on Aug. 31 said it was dropping plans to ship the Focus Active from China to America. Trump took to Twitter Sunday to declare victory and write: “This is just the beginning. This car can now be BUILT IN THE U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!” But in a statement Sunday, Ford said “it would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in the U.S.” given forecast yearly sales below 50,000.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The coronavirus pandemic and the nation’s crashing economy are scrambling the themes both major political parties thought would carry them to victory in November for control of the White House and Congress. […]
The old Mike Huckabee was heard from last week, and this time he’s more than welcome to the presidential sweepstakes, traveling show and circus in general. What’s more, he can still count. For example, he […]