WASHINGTON, D.C. — Ford won’t be moving production of a hatchback wagon to the United States from China — despite President Trump’s claim Sunday that his taxes on Chinese imports mean the Focus Active can be built in America. Citing Trump’s new tariffs, Ford on Aug. 31 said it was dropping plans to ship the Focus Active from China to America. Trump took to Twitter Sunday to declare victory and write: “This is just the beginning. This car can now be BUILT IN THE U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!” But in a statement Sunday, Ford said “it would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in the U.S.” given forecast yearly sales below 50,000.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Brock Long, a North Carolina native and head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, is resigning, months after an investigation found he misused government vehicles to travel to his home. Long, who lives […]
WASHINGTON — U.S., British and French forces pounded Syria with air strikes early on Saturday in response to a poison gas attack that killed dozens of people last week, in the biggest intervention by Western […]
This week President Trump and Congressional Republicans will unveil their tax reform proposal and begin the grinding work of overhauling America’s complex and burdensome system. When it comes to economic growth and job creation there […]