UK police confirm 19 dead after Manchester blast at concert

Vehicles are seen near a police cordon outside the Manchester Arena

MANCHESTER – UK police are confirming 19 people dead and more than 50 injuries after a reported blast at a concert venue in the northern English city of Manchester, which police are treating as a possible terrorist incident Tuesday evening. The explosion reportedly occurred at 10:35 in the evening as the concert was ending.”So far 19 people have been confirmed dead, with around 50 others injured. This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise,” Greater Manchester Police said in a tweet.”Senior national counter-terrorism officers are assembling in London. Early estimates put fatalities at Manchester Arena in double figures,” a BBC reporter said on Twitter.The BBC and Sky News reported shortly before that local police were treating the blast as a possible terrorist incident.Reuters News Service contributed to this report. The North State Journal will continue to deliver updates as they become available.